50 Cent Says He Didn't Sign Troy Ave Because He Sounds Too Much Like Him

Troy Ave is one New York rapper to watch right now; the dude is on the rise. Some people say he sounds too much like 50 Cent, some say he took 50's style and added his thing to it. In a recent interview on 105.1 FM's The Breakfast Club show, 50 Cent was asked why he didn't sing Troy Ave, and he said...












“He’s so new. Every time I hear a record I hear part of my old stuff. It’s obvious I’m a huge influence on actual his career...My problem with it when I heard it was so much me. It’s gon’ take time for him to turn into Troy. I have an influence too, I listen to music. It was so important that you had your own style, that I didn’t follow anything that was there. I listened, I appreciated different things from different artists. Like KRS was one of my favorites in the beginning. The aggression in ‘Bridge Is Over,’ you see where that falls into some of the content and material that I created. But, it doesn’t sound like KRS-One. It’s still 50 Cent being 50 Cent."

No comments:

Post a Comment