The Rick Ross and Young Jeezy beef started around when Ross made that BMF song in 2010, and from then till early this year, it was like they would kill each other if they ever saw in person. Oh yea, they did see at 2012 BET Awards, and things got ugly for a minute. But then, a few weeks before Ross dropped his Mastermind album this year, War Ready dropped...and we heard Rick Ross and Young Jeezy on the same song. Freddie Gibbs used to be signed under Jeezy's CTE label till they had a falling out, and in his recent interview with Hot 105.1 FM's The Breakfast Club crew, he spoke on the Ross and Jeezy unity.
"Guys like Jeezy and Ross, they kinda like made gangsta rap into something different. They took it to a whole 'nother level which is great but they just made it something different, more commercialized and that's cool. [The Jeezy and Ross truce?] That's cool. It's good for business with them. You know what I mean, whatever works -- it's good for the rap game. [Did I see it happening?] Personally? Nah. Not while I was there - especially with all of the fighting. I didn't know they'd ever do a record together. But it's rap, man, everybody makeup and do things together." ("The Breakfast Club")
"Guys like Jeezy and Ross, they kinda like made gangsta rap into something different. They took it to a whole 'nother level which is great but they just made it something different, more commercialized and that's cool. [The Jeezy and Ross truce?] That's cool. It's good for business with them. You know what I mean, whatever works -- it's good for the rap game. [Did I see it happening?] Personally? Nah. Not while I was there - especially with all of the fighting. I didn't know they'd ever do a record together. But it's rap, man, everybody makeup and do things together." ("The Breakfast Club")
No comments:
Post a Comment