Some Inspiration From Diddy

First he was just Sean Combs, then Puff Daddy, then he became Puffy, then P.Diddy, before he was known as just Diddy. The man has been around the music scene for more than 23 years. He has been around for 3 decades, and he brought us so many supper star musicians like Craig Mark, the late Notorious B.I.G, Carl Thomas, Faith Evans, The L.O.X, Mase, 112, Lil Kim, Black Rob, Young Joc, Cassie...the list is endless. He went from being an Intern at Uptown Records to building a $580 million empire with his various businesses. He recently launched his new TV channel, Revolt TV, and during a recent interview on The Breakfast Club radio program (on New York radio station- Power 105.1FM), he spoke on his come-up, and dropped some inspiration.





"It was less than 200 years [ago] that we were slaves. I was really affected by that movie ['12 Years a Slave'] and you gotta understand, I started out as an intern, man. I started out getting coffee, cleaning bathrooms. I started out sneaking on the train from Howard University, and this is really a dream come true. It’s bigger than me. There’s a lot of people out there that want to be somebody, and it really shows that if you put that hard work into it, you can really get it. I got the same 24 hours as y’all do. We all got the same 24 hours. I just want this network to inspire people all over the world that it can be done."


"This is the most fearless generation of all time. They’ve basically said, ‘Eff everything. We gon’ go out there and get it on our own,’ and we want to embrace that whole movement. I used to walk around and just talk to myself, walking from one job to another and I would just be talking to myself. Talking about the things that I [dreamed] and that I wanted to be. This right here goes out to all the people, y’all know who y’all are, and y’all know what I’m talking about. Talking to yourself about how you want to get it and what you want to be and this is something that’s big. People don’t have networks."

No comments:

Post a Comment