Banky W Says He'd Rather Be Wealthy and Quiet Than Famous and Broke

After Banky W was asked about the Forbes/Channel O list of top 10 Most Bankable African Artists (where he was placed at number 10 position) during a recent interview with Nigerian Tribune Newspaper, he said he would rather be wealthy and quiet than famous and broke. 







"I don't believe very much in such things. Let's be honest, the real wealthy people are the businessmen like Dangote and the politicians (some of whom got there by looting Nigeria). They're the ones with real money. This entertainment business is too much hype. It is more fame than fortune. So I'm not thrilled by it and I don't think any of us should buy into it too much. I'd rather be wealthy and quiet than famous and broke.













I have always known that there is more hype than people who really got it in the Nigerian music industry, so I am not surprised by this. And I definitely will wanna be wealthy and quiet than famous and broke. I am always having this discussion with a friend of mine who is hungry for fame. Just give me the dough, and I can be on an island somewhere in the Caribbeans sipping on pina colada, unknown to the world, than to be in Nigeria and have people on the blogs argue over how much I really got.

No comments:

Post a Comment