Wale Loses Tiara Thomas To Division 1

Wale discovered Tiara Thomas in 2009, and put her on his More About Nothing mixtape the next year. Although she was under his wings, and affiliated with his The Board Administration label for years, he never signed any contract with her. She blew up earlier this year, when Wale released his "Bad" single (off his yet to be released The Gifted album), and ofcos, talent scouts and A&R's started looking her way. I guess this would have been a good time for Wale to iron out the paper work, but as he said, "I don't believe in paperwork too soon." Anyway, just like any up-coming artist hungry for success, the beautiful and talented Tiara Thomas signed with a more established label with big offers. Miss Thomas recently signed to Rico Love's label, Division 1; which is an arm of Interscope Geffen A&M.
















Below is what Wale had to say about this during a recent interview on popular radio station,  Hot 97-

 "That bitter reality just hit me. But it's all good. Shout out to Tiara Thomas and her new situation. I don't want to go there. Shout out to Tiara Thomas, though. I don't believe in paperwork too soon, 'cause I like to show and prove what I can do. I kick myself before I complain about somebody else...She just did what she felt like was in her best interest."










Hmm! Maybe she is better in bigger hands, but it sure would hurt Wale; Nurturing someone for 4 years, and having someone just snag up the finished product. The girl is a 'musician.' She can sing, play the guitar, and she can also rap.

No comments:

Post a Comment