Kanye West Nolonger Concerned About Album Sales

Kanye West's 6th album, Yeezus drops in 7 days time, June 18 to be precise, and it doesn't have a radio single. Kanye doesn't even have a song from the album that people can buy on iTunes. This really got me wondering whether this album was still going to drop next week or not. He has performed songs from the album at shows and concerts, and even did the whole worldwide premier of some of the songs on buildings across 10 countries, but he hasn't put in work to promote the album the usual way Kanye would.




He recently performed at the Governor's Ball, and he let the crowd know that he nolonger cares about selling a million-





"You know with this album, we ain’t drop no single to radio. We ain’t got no big NBA campaign or nothing like that. Shit, we ain’t even got no cover. We just made some real music. And you know, back when I used to make albums and shit, like a couple years ago, three, four years ago, we’d go away and work on an album for like five months or so, and we’d always have to hold the album ’til like August or September ’til the perfect moment and shit, ’cause it means that I think you gon’ sell more ’cause you get more audience and radio and shit. But honestly, at this point, when I listen to radio, that ain’t where I wanna be no more. Honestly, at this point, I could give a f**k about selling a million records. As long as I put out an album for the summer that y’all can rock to all motherfucking summer. And I don’t give a fuck to what the label tell me; I’m gon’ sell more records. ‘Cause at this point, I don’t really give a f**k about outside opinions."





Hmm! This could actually be another level of promotion. Cos, right now, the album hasn't leaked, and no one knows what it sounds like, apart from the 2 or 3 songs the public has heard. So this might get people really hyped about hitting the store to get the album as soon as it drops. And if it is as creatively different as all his previous albums, then 'word of mouth' will do the work.

No comments:

Post a Comment