Nicki Minaj Finally Gives Lil Kim The Respect She Deserves

Nicki Minaj came in the game dissing Lil Kim. She even had a full length song (Roman's Revenge) going at Lil Kim on her debut album back in 2010. And through the years, whether it's a new song, or an interview, she has done nothing but put Lil Kim down; when it was obvious from her style of rap and on-screen character that she must have been a big Lil Kim fan. But, in a recent interview, Nicki finally gave Lil Kim some respect.








"My favourite female rappers? Foxy Brown, Lil'] Kim, Lauryn [Hill and then Remy Ma. Like, when Remy came out, I was very, very excited about her. But, with the Foxy, Kim and Remy, they were all from New York too so, and it's no disrespect to any other female rappers but those are the ones that I felt like, 'Oh, okay, yeah. I could get into that.' They sounded like me when I spoke and you know, I just thought they made an impact. But, I always loved Missy because she was playful and I always said, Missy and Left Eye, they weren't afraid to be goofy at times and I loved that as well." 







This is cool. I think why Nicki Minaj is so great with what she does is because she embodies all the rappers she mentioned above. She took a little from all of them, and then added her own thing to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment