Killer Mike Says 'White Rappers' Brought 'Self-Pity' To HipHop

Eminem is a white rapper, and one of the greatest rappers of all time. But there are a lot of other white rappers that are not as skilled as Eminem, like Macklemore, Mac Miller, and Kreayshawn. I want to believe these are the people Killer Mike is talking about and not Eminem. In a recent interview, he said white rappers brought self-pity to hiphop.




"I think what White people brought was self-pity. Not you in that [talking to El-P] but a lot of the new White rappers just brought that. I'm sorry. It's no disrespect. Complaining about a parent and shit is cool but I'm from a community where mothafuckas lost both of their parents to crack. Mothafuckas didn't even know their... Like, my grandmother raised me. I never knew my mom and dad. So I feel that. And I think that, as a Black audience, we appreciated it because it was something different but that don't make you more in touch with your feelings than me.


I'm not saying that experience isn't worthy. I'm not saying it isn't valuable. I'm just saying that it's not special because every human being experiences love, pain and letdown. Your thing is no more special. A lot of times, as Americans and in this country, we feel like our suffering makes us special. You're special because you're a human being. How you deal with your suffering can make you extraordinary. Are you going to use it for self-pity or are you going to use it to help others?"



Personally, I think Killer Mike was taking jabs at Eminem in the above interview. Who else milked self-pity to the fullest? Eminem told us, and keeps telling us stories of how his mother never took care of him, and how she was a drug addict and all that. Eminem also sold the story of how bitchy his ex-wife, Kim was. I think white rappers seem to be more in touch with their emotional side, but I am very sure Killer Mike was specifically talking about Eminem. He might be one of the people that don't like the idea that a white rapper (Eminem) is considered one of the greatest rappers of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment