Niyola Speaks On How She Became The First Lady Of Banky W's E.M.E Label

I can make that bold claim that the E.M.E crew (Banky W, Skales, Niyola, Shaydee and Wizkid) ruled 2012, and they are not slowing their roll in 2013. Niyola is set to drop an album this year...and the boss himself, Banky W is also dropping his R&BW album this year. In current news, Niyola spoke about how she  became the first lady of Empire Mates Entertainment-














I met Banky W before...4, 5 years before if not more…when he first moved back to Nigeria. We had always been friends but I left the industry for some time and I was trying to make a comeback with a new song called ‘Unpredictable’, so I featured Skales on the song. I went to the house one day (EME quarters), I played the song for Banky and we got talking. 

It was around that time that the DELSU rape incident happened and we were talking about the incident and he said he thinks a female should do a song that addresses the rape issue. He said we should work on something together and that is how we started working. That’s when I think he decided that he wanted to sign me.  (popoffcentral.blogspot.com)


Niyola, a.k.a miss eniola akinbo was actually around in the mid 2000s when the Nigerian music industry was taking the form it has right now, but she didn't get marketed the right way. I think linking with Banky is the best decision she could have made for her music career. Banky is creative and hardworking...with him, she can't go wrong. I heard her new single (Don't Go There)  on the radio and I was really feeling it. It's great that she got a second chance. And I think that female r&b/pop act lane is really open in Nigeria...we don't have enough females doing that R&B thing.


During the interview, she also spoke on what she likes doing in her spare time-

 I love cooking. I don’t like going out that much. The job requires that I do but I really don’t like going out. I’ll rather just stay indoors, read up stuff and learn. I love learning. (popoffcentral.blogspot.com)


Hmm! This is definitely my kind of girl. lol!


You can check out  her latest video here- Don't Delay Me


No comments:

Post a Comment