Odd Future's Syd The Kyd addmits Being A Lesbian

Syd The Kyd, the lone female artist of the very eccentric and controversial Hip Hop group, Odd Future has come forward to open up about her sexuality, and being a Lesbian in Hip Hop. She also talks about a lot of other artists in hip hop that are homosexuals but are ashamed to come out of the closet. I can remember Fat Joe saying the same thing. Fat Joe even said he has definitely done records with closet homosexuals, and that he wonders why they wont come out the closet.


Below is what Syd had to say about the video in which she admits her sexuality.




"I decided to do it because I wish I had someone like that [an openly gay female artist] while I was coming up. People write on my Tumblr just thanking me for making the video, saying that I really inspire them, and they want to be like me," said Syd. "But I wasn't always this way, this comfortable with myself, and I remember what that was like. So I figure, fuck it. Everyday people aren't given this opportunity and I realize that. And I didn't at first. I thought I was just lucky to be along for the ride."


She focused in on several women in urban music who she suspects are lesbians and are hiding their sexuality from the public. "There's Alicia Keys, who's married to Swizz Beatz - we know that shit ain't real," she said. "You got Queen Latifah kissing Common in movies. Missy Elliott saying she don't wanna hang with bitches. You know she loves her some bitches."


Hmm! This is interesting. I knew about Latifah and Missy, but i didn't know Alicia Keys was swinging that way. Personally, i think there a lot of people, not just Gays, that are scared to admit what they really are. I know a lot of people are going to openly condemn this girl for making this move, but i know one thing for sure, her heart would be lighter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment