Nas Speaks On How He Met Amy Whinehouse

A lot has been said about Nas and Amy Winehouse since after her passing. People want to know if Nas dated Amy, but he has come forward to say they were just friends. Amy Winehouse made a song about nas  ("me and mr jones") in 2007, and people don't want to believe they really had nothing going. Nas has spoken on how they actually met...



"The first time I heard Amy, Salaam Remi produced some stuff for me and we were working again and he played me her stuff and I was like, instantly, the voice just caught me and that was like 2004," Nas revealed in an interview. "Before I met her in-person, I met her at Salaam Remi's studio again on Skype. He would talk to her on Skype. She would be in London and he'd be in the studio in the [United] States and be at the crib and that's how we heard of each other of course and we knew we shared the same birthdays so Salaam would tell us how we both reminded him of each other. ... She was hilarious, man. She would make you laugh. To her, music came so easy, to everyone else, I guess around her, I don't know this but I assume this, they wanted her to put out a new record. And to her, she can't really do it until it's really time. And whenever that time is, only time will tell." (SOHH)




"Like Smoke" is a posthumous song from Nas and Amy Winehouse, which appears on her new album- Lioness: Hidden Treasures. I think they just respected each other...Amy might have had a crush on Naas, but i doudt they were in a serious relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment