Diggy Simmons Names His Top 5 Hottest Albums Of 2011

I was actually working on compiling what i feel are the top 10 rap albums of 2011, and i came across this article where young rapper, Diggy Simmons names His Top 5 Hottest Albums of 2011, and i decided to share it here. In case you didn't know, Diggy is Joseph "Rev. Run" Simmons son. His father was a member of the legendary 80s rap group, Run. DMC, and brother of Def Jam co-founder, Russell Simmons. His list actually has two albums that would appear on the list i am compiling.

Check out his list below-

"My top five albums of the year, one would definitely be, of course, Watch the Throne," Diggy revealed in an interview. "These are all out of order. That would probably be number one anyway, if I was doing them in order. I was excited about that since they announced it [in August 2010]. Those are my two favorite hip-hop artists. ... 21 by Adele was a great album that came out this year. I hope that her voice gets better. She's so talented. Section 80 by Kendrick Lamar. That was just a great classic album in general. ... 4 by Beyonce was a dope album as well. There's a lot of cuts on there that I like -- and Take Care by Drake. There's some great cuts on there too. So it's just been a great year for music in general. I'm happy that music is just coming back around and there's just a whole lot of different sounds and every genre has something special in itself so I'm happy." (Rap-Up TV)


I think he has taste for his age...he is only 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment