From me To You

Good day people, i want to start this piece- From me To You- like a journal, where i document all that went down with me through the week that are related to rap. I am trying to make this blog more personal, and not just about reporting rap/hip hop news.

Okay, so what happened to me this week? For one, i tried my best to listen to some rap albums. I finally heard Carter 4. Okay, i am sure you are saying- but Carter 4 has been out for like 5 weeks now. Well, i have to tell you that i have also had it for that long, but i just wasn't enthusiastic about listening. I respects Wayne's hustle and still have Carter 2, but since when everybody got so hooked on him it made him think more of satisfying them than just doing what he had always been known for doing, i lost a little interest.

So, i did listen to the album, and i think it is cool...but it is not something i would listen to over and over again. I am not a big wayne fan. I do have some favourites on the album though; i like She Will, I like President Carter, I like the interlude with Techn9ne. I have to say that i have not really got a chance to hear Tech, but his verse on this album makes me want to go get his album next week.

Okay, back to the tracks i like on carter 4- i also like the outro, and the fact that he could get Nas, busta rhymes, bun b, and shyne on one track; that's incredible. I like the track he featured jadakiss and drake on- It' Good. And i think i like the song with John Legend, i can't remember the title.

So, who's hot on the scene right now? I guess it is either the person is from young money/cash money, or roc nation. By the way, i am feeling all what Drake is putting out there of recent, and i think his album is gotten to be cool. It is dropping this week, so look out for it. And Rick Ross put out the lead single off his- God Forgives, I Don't album dropping in December; the single (You The Boss) features Nicki Minaj- look out for that one as well, it would soon start getting constant air-play on radio.

Personally, i like the state hip hop is in right now, and although i am not so happy that Game's Red Album flopped, at least it will teach him a lesson to focus more on his talent and ways to market it, than the life of other rappers. He is an incredible rapper, but can be a loose canon at times.

I have a CD shop i have closed for a while now, but i am re-opening very soon, so i have been stocking it up with some classics. Of cos, the new albums are easier to get, so i am not really paying attention to them yet. I want to get albums from the early 90s...like 2pacalypse now...and some of krs, rakim, and big daddy kane late 80s albums. And yeah, if you could get you hands on Slick Rick's Adventures of Slick Rick (88), that is a master-piece...a classic; that is if you respect creativity...he is a master story teller.

Okay, back to the feature- people are saying j.cole's Cole World album is a classic, i haven't gotten around to listen to that yet, cos of that Work Out song. I do wish that song wasn't on the album. I can still take that other one he did with Trey Songz, it was a party song, but on Work Out, i think he was trying to do what Drake does, and i just didn't like the idea. I would probably put the whole album on my phone by the beginning of next week, and make it my album of the week.

On my phone still are albums like Lupe's lasers, Watch The Throne, Red Album, Wu Tang vs Shaolin and Ace Hood's Blood Sweat and Tears. I am bumping some albums off for new ones next week. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment