Jay-Z Name's His Favourite MC's of All Time

Yea, Jay-Z finally names his list of favorite  rappers/mc's of all time. As i read through the interview, there were some names i wasn't surprised to see, but some definitely shocked me.

Check out the interview below:


"I guess I would choose B.I.G. [as one of my favorites] because of his ability to tell stories to be humorous, to be dead serious, he just had it all," Jay said. "Just [B.I.G.'s] voice alone. I would choose Pac because his fire will overcome, what he doesn't have in technical skills will be overcome by passion. If you listen to that 'Tunnel' [freestyle] verse where B.I.G. is saying 'MC Hammer and them 357 women' and then you hear how [Pac] comes on, he just screams on the track, his passion could put a lot of guys to sleep. I guess Kool G Rap and KRS-One would be on there. I need more emcees. Y'all got Eminem and Nas..." (YouTube)

So what do you think about jay's list? I think i can not fault him for any name on that list, and i like his honesty. Eventhough Tupac dissed him when he was alive, he still put pac up in there. And i like how he described the reson why he put pac there; it is more about pac's passion for the game, and not really the rhyme scheme or anything. Funny, i have been telling guys the same thing for a long time now. I think after reading this interview, i respected jay a little more than i already did.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Jay Z's list. He is being real. Like you stated, He has been dissed by a couple of the guys on his list, yet is still giving them their props. I like Jay Z. He raps about stuff that is "real" and things that are happening today. He is contraversial, but also gives back and takes part in his community. I could listen to him all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, i think jay-z is a great rapper. He makes the kind of music that everybody can feel and yet he is still very lyrical.

    ReplyDelete