I Think Drake is a Better Singer Than Rapper

Thank Me Later [Explicit]I am not a HUGE drake fan, but i got his album, and i have heard his mixtape(so far gone), and i have taken time to analyse all the collaborations that he has done; and i think he is a better singer than rapper. Don't get me wrong, i think he is a good rapper and i like when he came into the HIPHOP game; when the south were dominating the game, and he and a couple of other rappers have changed the game. Right now in hiphop, it is Drake, Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Jay-z(when he drops another album), T.I(if he can stay out of jail), Eminem, Kanye West, Rick Ross; and the REST. The rest being a couple of others that can still hold there own, but don't  have that much Muscle when it comes to album sales.

So, back to what i came to talk about; what really prompted this is fact that i just read an article online where it was said that Sade Adu turned down collaborative approaches/advances from Rap artist like Jay-Z and Drake. Sade said the fact that she hates going out of her element is the reason she turned down the advances.
Below is what drake said about the turn down:

"That's great. Her brand is always protected. That's why," Drake said of her comments in an interview. "Other people's visuals, other people's songs, stepping outside your zone can jeopardize your brand. It can bring you down as opposed to bring you up. I personally feel we could have done something amazing. But I don't think she really knows who I am, really, my genre of music. I put it out there. It was more of a hopeful thing. It was a very early stage where I was at when I said that I was hoping. One day. Maybe after this album comes out. I'm very influenced by her. She does something that I do. She doesn't do too much with harmonies, and she keeps her vocals very clean. Single vocals. Haunting melodies. I'm influenced by her a lot. One day." (MTV)

If you took time to listen to Drake's Debut album; Thank me Later, you would know he was highly influenced by Shade. I think he said it above, so i do not have to stress it, but you would know where he is coming from for wanting to work with shade.

I think he is great when he does his singing; in fact, i think he is phenominal. I still blast Find Your Love, and i am not tired of it. I think it even gets better with time. I think he is in the league of Kanye West, Kid Cudi and them, they like to be very experimental, but you know they know their Music, so they can't go wrong.

I heard Rick Ross's Aston Martin music for the first time about 2 weeks ago, and i fell in love with the song instantly because of Drake's part. Drake and Chrisette Michelle had a nice blend on that song, and i think it was Great.

Talking about his singing, when you hear him on hooks of songs like MONEY TO BLOW, and Forever, you know the kid was born to do what he is doing.

I think he is a good rapper too, because he always makes a lot of sense and he got some skill, but i think he is WEIGHHH better at singing than he is at rapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment