NAS BEING OFFERED THE POSITION OF PRESIDENT OF DEF JAM.

I remember around the time jay-z was the president of def jam, there was an interview of nas where he said it in passing that he had been offered precidency position at atlantic records, and he turned it down. I have never known nas to pay too much attention to the business side off music. He would out-rap your favourite rapper's favourite rapper, but when it comes to the commercial aspect of rap, he is lay-back.
I'm really surprised that he is actually thinking it through and he said he mìght just take the position.
He said he felt he could actually do a lot for hip hop rìght now.
I think he is right. And i think this would also make nas sit up with his career and market his albums much better. I mean, the guy is really dope but he rarely drops third singles for his albums, that's if he dropped a second single in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment