Tech N9ne Comments on Lil Wayne Cosign

Tech N9ne has commented on the co-sign he got from Lil Wayne regarding his music, and how it has affected the way people look at him- it has opened the bigger lane for him. I really don't know this dude, but i have been seeing his name pop up on a lot of hiphop sites, but i can't say i can analyze his style of music. It was after Fat Joe cosigned him earlier this year that i went and listened to a couple of his songs. I think he is dope, but there also one hundred and one dope emcee's underground, so he has to come up with something special to impress me.

Read what he had to say about the lil wayne cosign below-

"When [Lil] Wayne said my name on an interview with Funkmaster Flex from RIker's Island, when he said he wanted to work with Andre 3000 and Tech N9ne, I knew that was going to awaken a lot of other people that wouldn't usually look my way," Tech explained in an interview. "I thought, 'I already got my fan base. It's time to clique us up for the new fans coming in, to teach all the new fans how to become technicians.' So I came up with a pledge." (Backstage W/ Brooklyn Martino)

A month after Wayne's co-sign, Tech revealed his visit to see the rapper while locked up.
"If anybody got anything bad to say bout Wayne, don't say it to me cause that's a real n---a I just visited in there" Tech tweeted September 10th. (Tech N9ne's Twitter)

Tech previously talked about learning of Wayne's interest to record with him.
"His people have been contacting us already, so I'm anxious to see what he sends me," N9ne said in an interview. "I'm hearing his camp is all ready to send over some music. And I'll be in NewYork soon so hopefully I can visit him before he gets out. I just want to thank Wayne for even mentioning me. I've been following his career since he started. Just watching him evolve--he was always clever with the rhymes. My own quest was always to get my music out to everybody in [the] world and working with Wayne is truly a way to get it out there." (VIBE)

While locked up on a gun conviction last year, Wayne revealed his admiration for the rap vet.
"I've been saying to myself that I really want to do a song with either Andre 3000 or my man...Tech N9ne," he said. "Other than that, I've been really trying to do a song with this little dude, this boy Weezy. That boy Weezy, he's stupid [laughs]." (Hot 97)

2 comments:

  1. I Really Hope All Of The Mainstream Artists Leave There Labels Because They All Have Skill But The Major Label Record Companies Arent Letting Them Use It...Tech Needs To Sign Lil Wayne...Or Even Drake, Nicki Minaj Etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i think he needs to sign to someone, but not lil wayne. I think he already has a huge following, he just needs to find the right marketing tool.

    ReplyDelete