Havoc Talks About Mobb Deep Squashing Beef With Nas

Havoc, one half of the legendary rap group, Mobb Deep talked about how they squashed the beef with old time friend, Nas. Personally, i still don't know what caused that beef. I do know that it was only Prodigy that was saying foul stuff about nas, and Havoc never said anything disrespectful about nas.

I used to really feel bad, when in 2005, Mobb Deep signed with G-Unit, and P would get on interviews bad mouthing nas, saying things like- "I am rich now...50 cent bought me a Porsche...and millshake man (nas) is all washed up, no one listens to him anymore". I always wondered what loyalty meant to prodigy; that is just like me taking sides with a new guy cos he has a lot of money. How could he have forgotten all the classic collabos they (mobb deep and nas) made in the 90s- i though to myself. I guess going to jail has a way of making people think, and realize their wrong doings.

Its all good now, they did a song together, "Dogshit", immediately P got out of jail, and they in talks on a collabo album; if it happens, i think it would be great.



Read what Havoc had to say below-

"When P came home, it was in our head like, yo, we really need to sew up that relationship because we were all cool once upon a time," he said in an interview. "What a waste of friendship it is to not be cool anymore. It's stupid. We older now, so we reached out to Nas. He was receptive to it, and it was like friends all over again. It was like we never stopped speaking. So we did the 'Dog Sh*t' song. To me, it's a hip-hop classic, but it'll take a couple of years to become that. That's what came out of it. So doing Rock The Bells, we're gonna drag him out, bring him back on stage with us, and he could leave after that." (Hip Hop DX)

3 comments:

  1. The thing though is Nas dissed P first on Destroy & Rebuild. I mean, yeah, P maybe threw sneak disses at Esco on Thun & Kicko with Cormega, but Nas said P's name on wax first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they already had tension in the streets, nas just put it on wax. But i still wonder what really caused the falling-out.

    ReplyDelete