Big Meech Speaks on Rick Ross Using His Name in His B.M.F Song

In 2010, Rick Ross made a hit song titled B.M.F (Blowing Money Fast); the B.M.F also stood for Black Mafia Family (a one time drug dealing family), who's leader, Demetrius "BIG MEECH" Flenory, Rick Ross can be heard shouting out repeatedly on the hook of the song. Apparently, Young Jeezy didn't take this likely, as he had been associated with Big Meech before Meech went to jail, and felt Ross had no rights making the B.M.F song, as he never had any prior relationship with the crew. Jeezy went on to make a diss track at Rick Ross using  the instrumentals to Ross's B.M.F hit.



The man in question, who should have the real say in the matter has come forward to speak on the matter, and you can read what he had to say in a back and forth letter interview with allhiphop.com






AllHipHop.com: Do you still talk to Young Jeezy?


Big Meech: I haven’t been able to talk to anyone on the phone for the last five months. The last time I spoke to him was near the end of last year.


AllHipHop.com: How do you feel about his success?










Big Meech: Being the person largely responsible for his success, I’ve always and always will be proud of his success. I would never wish or hope or his downfall for any reasons. I just personally feel that he could do more abut helping me to regain my freedom in a timely fashion, with his success and the position he is in right now in life. For example, [he could say] ‘I could not rest knowing he has a 30-year sentence for a first-time, nonviolent offender. I’m meeting with every reputable attorney in America until I can find one that can at least get him a sentence reduction, if not bring him home…’

…but that’s me and the love I have for him and the majority of people in my B.M.F. family. To be honest, I get ask so many questions about him – from C.O.’s to convicts to random people in the mail – some of which I have no answers for, ’cause for me to have the answers to most of the questions, I would have to have an excuse which there is “NO EXCUSE.”


AllHipHop.com: What do you think of Rick Ross making the song “B.M.F.”?


Big Meech: Actually, I appreciate all of the music that Rick Ross and MMG has put out period. But in 2010, when I first heard my name repeatedly in the “B.M.F.” song, I was like, “Damn, that’s hot.” And it’s a hit. To this day, he has people from all over the world saying, “I think I’m Big Meech,” which is a priceless way of recognizing and paying homage to me and the B.M.F. family. We all have 100% love for Ross and MMG. I think he is a helluva artist and mogul.


AllHipHop.com: Does it bother you that he was once a corrections officer?


Big Meech: (LMAO). I think this question is old and irrelevant, because I have friends and family that are C.O.’s. I’ve ran across some good men and women C.O.’s. I think that Ross is a great example of being a dreamer and dreams coming true, just from what I know about him being with Suave House and writing rhymes and rapping and for all the years he stuck with it. And now he has built a brand and an empire. So the answer is no, it doesn’t bother me that he was a C.O. It would only bother me if he was a “rat.”


AllHipHop.com: Or that he is in a fight with “Freeway Ricky Ross” for the use of his name?


Big Meech: I know “Freeway” but I’ve never spoken to him about his name, but in my opinion, if I felt that we had to get an understanding about the use of my name, then we would arrange a meeting at everyone’s convenience in a comfortable environment not a courtroom. I personally don’t see anything wrong with him using the name. I think he made the Rick Ross name popular and positive; it would be great and more beneficial if they did some charity events together instead of some senseless feud.

5 comments:

  1. what ever; just make music and try to do the bst at entertaining those that buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shout out to the real big meech an those keeping it real change those laws an release our people out the belly contain in the beast jaws people get less time. For violent crimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I be in da streets been having yo bitch in my sheets you cuffin like you playin police and I made all this for big Meech I hope the walls been good to you and aint sucked the life out you like a leech

    ReplyDelete