Akon Signed Lady Gaga and Basically Retired Afterwards

Akon signed Pop Icon, Lady Gaga and retired afterwards; i think i can say that with all authority. I don't normally talk on issues out of the rap genre, but Akon is so Hip Hop, i had to bring this up. Whenever i tell people that Akon signed Lady Gaga, they always go like- "hey, get your facts right". People can't imagine that the biggest Pop Star in the world right now is signed to Konvict music/Kon Live. Akon signing her was a gamble, but he hit it big, and i can say he retired afterwards.

Check it out; Akon signed her in 2008, the same year he dropped his third album (Freedom). After her worldwide success, akon didn't even bother going into the studio to make any album again...and he started doing funny collabos like the one with David Guetta...just playing around, because that Lady Gaga Royalty Money got him set for life.



Read what he said about the issue below-

"I think what everybody else didn't," Akon said about Gaga. "She had went through like four or five labels. When I closed my deal at Interscope, she was getting dropped that week ... they was dropping her again. I was like 'Yo, I wanna sign that right there.' Jimmy [Iovine] was like 'Yeah, whatever you want, take her. Let's get it done.' She's blossomed into a super-mega star. She's pretty much retired me. She was definitely a blessing. She came at the right moment. I'm glad I believed in her, boy. That goes to show, if you believe in something good -- it will pay off." (Associated Press)

Very true words

No comments:

Post a Comment