Kash Doll Narrates How She Started Rapping

Like Cardi B, Detroit rapper, Kash Doll was also a stripper before she made the transition to rapping. In her recent interview on The Angie Martinez Show, she took time to talk about how she became a rapper. It was actually an ex boyfriend of hers who has since passed, that pushed her to become a rapper after he saw the potential in her.

Read her words below on how she became a rapper...



Image result for kash doll interview on angie martinez show"Back in 2013, I started recording. I actually went into a studio and started recording." She was asked by the host of the show, Angie Martinez who put her in the studio, and she went on to say..."My ex boyfriend. No, he died. His name is Dex Osama. But he's like a Detroit legend. He was really huge. He wasn't even really rapping at the time, but he convinced me. He like...cos I was dancing, he like, 'I don't want you doing that anyway. You should go ahead and go to the studio. You sweet. Your rap is sweet.' So we went in. He said, 'you got the chain, You fine. Everybody already like you, come on.' So I'm like, okay. He's like, 'you always walking around here rapping your raps that you wrote, like, go record it.' I'm like, okay. I'm like, alright, whatever. It meant so much to me because that changed my life. He believed in me you know. Rest in peace to him."



That's so nice. It always great to have that person to give us that push. It is always to have people around you that genuinely believe in your talent and what you can do.

You can watch the full interview below. She talks about how she started rapping around the 7 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment