Offset of The Migos Talks About Giving Up Lean

Lean is a recreational drug/drink that a lot of people in the Hip Hop community take. One third of the The Migos, Offset almost got addicted to it, and during his recent interview on Hot 97 radio, he spoke about giving it up. Apparently, Offset had had personal discussions with the host of the show, Ebro concerning his use of Lean, and Ebro asked him what he was doing to get off the drug, and he said...

"I'm getting off this drink...this lean. You know what I mean. It was never a cool thing for me. I was doing it on some...I never was pouring me...putting pictures of me pouring up and doing it. It became something I was doing...it became a hubby...it became something that I needed to do. Then I started noticing like, I'm not gonna get to my full potential with this. Then people started noticing...that you love. Like your momma tell you like, 'son, you need to stop drinking that stuff.' I take that hard like, damn, my momma told me that...I still try to like...it's my momma, so I still be like, I don't even want her to know stuff. I'm 27 years old. She tell me that, It's like damn bro. And, you make decisions...you make poor decisions a lot of times on drugs. And impulse...a lot of stuff be impulse...And then you do something and you like damn, you didn't want to do that...I'm releasing myself from it because I know it's becoming an issue."



I wish him all the best. I have a couple of friends that are addicted to Lean, and I know how hard it is for them to give it up, even though they acknowledge the damage it is doing to them.

You can watch the full Offset interview below...skip to to the 13 minute mark to hear him talk about giving up Lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment