Michael Rubin Narrates How He and Meek Mill Became Friends




Michael Rubin is a billionaire serial entrepreneur and co-owner of the the Philadelphia 76ers basketball team; Meek Mill is a gangster rapper, and these two are close friends. People have been wondering how that friendship came to be. In his recent interview on Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club show, he was asked by the hosts (Charlamagne the God, DJ Envy, and Angela Yee) how he met Meek mill, and he said...



"It was just a fluke of a fluke. So, we were at the All Star game maybe 5 years ago and umm, my daughter at that point was a fan of Nicki (Minaj) and he and Nicki were sitting next to us...so my daughter was just talking to Nicki, and umm, Meek's like 'who are you?' And am like, Mike Rubin, and he is like, 'oh, you are the 6ers guy. And I'm like, 'who are you?'"






He went further to speak on what he liked about Meek Mill

"What I loved from Meek the moment I met him, he just started peppering me with business questions. Hey, if I want to do this, how would you do that. And if I want to do this in sports, and if I want to put this together. In a lot of ways, he was a similar version of me from a completely different environment. And so, you know...we weren't that friendly at first. We met there, and you know, the 6ers, we were going through a complete umm...you know we were not a very good team at that point. And so, he started coming to a lot of our games after we became friendly."

No comments:

Post a Comment