Game Threw Jabs at Kendrick Lamar on The Documentary 2

Yea, I was meant to have put this up last year, but life happened. Anyway, I was just listening to Game's The Documentary 2 again over the weekend, and I heard the particular song again and remembered I wanted to write this post. Actually, Game threw some subliminal shots at Kendrick Lamar on a track off his latest album, The Documentary 2, titled Dollar and  a Dream. You know Kendrick has been going around calling himself the king of the west and all that, a title Game has had for almost 10 years now. Well, just like New York represents the East Coast, California represents the West, and Game has been the king of Cali for a while now. So, I guess he felt some type of way about Kendrick calling himself the king of the west. So, on the the particular track off the album, he said...Well, you can read the lyrics below. 






"If I ain't shit then who the king of California then? Who could out-rap me? Now think about if the same nigga you bout to say can run up and out-strap me, yeah
Out-trap me, yeah, out-gat me
I mean think about it, exactly
Speaking matter-of-factly I'm down playing that actually
Call me Game I ain't one still I get paid like an athlete
Do the math after the math, Doc two in the bag
Lived up to expectations, Dre took me first in the draft
"


(Lyrics courtesy Genius.com)

Okay, let me translate. He asked who is the king of California if not him. He then asks who can out-rap him in California. Then he said you should stop before you mention who he knows you want to mention, Kendrick Lamar. And then he names criteria that the king is supposed to have. He knows, technically speaking, Kendrick might be a more skilled rapper than him, but he goes to ask you- can Kendrick run up and out-strap him, or out-trap him? Think about it. I have always told people that being the king of a coast has to do with more than just skills on the mic. Would Biggie have been considered the king of New York off his lyrical ability alone if not for his weight in the streets? Think about it.


The title of the song is Dollar and a Dream, and it actually features Kendrick's label mate, Ab-Soul. The song is the 6th track on the first disc of the album. Game didn't stop there. On a song featuring Nas on the second disc of The Documentary 2, The Ghetto, he threw  another shot at Kendrick.


"If he the God's son, then I must be the prophet
And all this "King of L.A." shit, you niggas need to stop it"


(Lyrics courtesy of Genius.com)


Obviously saying Kendrick and who ever calls Kendrick the king  needs to stop it.

No comments:

Post a Comment