DJ Khaled Speaks on His Respect For Jay Z




DJ Khaled is about to drop a new album (I Changed A Lot), and he has been promoting it on radio stations for a while now. Yesterday, he was on Hot 97 radio's Ebro in The Morning show with Ebro, Peter Rosenberg, and Laura Stylez. He went on and on about the respect he deserves in the game which he feels he doesn't get. And then while speaking on how that frustration inspired his hit song, They Don't Love You No More, he branched out to speak on the level of respect he has for Jay Z, who was one of the artist on the said song.







"When I made 'They Don't Love You No More' there was a reason I made They Don't Love You No More. That's how I was feeling. So I went and got Jigga. I went and got Jig...I got Jay Z MEN! Who gets Jay Z? Only certain people can...Ebro you know this...First of all, Jigga is my friend. He don't have to do a verse for me. That's my friend. I appreciate his relationship. I'm grateful to know him. And that's somebody that I'm inspired by. So, if i'm in the room with him, I was tell him 'thank you for your time.' He embraces greatness. He doesn't...he's a real dude. I'm speaking from experience. And I'm a fan. I'm not scared to tell somebody I like their music, and i'm a fan." (Interview on Hot 97's Ebro in The Morning Show)




Yea, bullshit aside, for real, you got to respect Jay Z, and the level of success and respect he has achieved in Hip Hop. 


You can watch the full interview below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment