Swizz Beatz Speaks on Returning to School

Swizz Beatz started out producing for Ruff Ryderz at the age of 19, went on to start his own label, Full Surface. He enjoyed some success with his major artists, Mashonda, and Cassidy. Through the years he has produced songs for hip hop heavyweights like Jadakiss, Jay Z, Nas, DMX, and a host of other rappers. He went on to marry the lovely Alicia Keys, and they started a family together. He recently enrolled as a student in the Harvard Business School's Owner/President Management Extension Program.






During his recent interview with The Breakfast Club crew, Swizz Beatz spoke on what prompted his decision to go back to school.  




“I just felt like you have to keep graduating your brand,” he said. “A lot of people get complacent with their success and things that they’ve done before and I just wasn’t comfortable with that because I started transitioning from producer to business owner. I would be in these rooms and, no matter how big the deal was or how good it is, people would still look at me like ‘Oh, he’s the rapper guy. He’s the rapper friend.’ I’m like, ‘We all in this meeting because of what I’m bringing to the table.’ But being that I didn’t really have any credentials to go with those different things, I didn’t feel like I was getting the respect that I deserved. So I said, ‘You know what, let me go and sharpen my pencil a little bit and really walk back in these rooms a different person and different man."










No comments:

Post a Comment