J.Cole Recalls Not Being Able to Pay Rent

Even before most artists make it or sign deals, they always faked it in their music...make people believe they have more money than they actually do have. Well, J.Cole is not really that kind of rapper, but a short while ago, he had problem with paying his house rent. 



“The landlord himself, Muhammad, he’s just a great guy. So, I always try to shout him out. My landlord from the first apartment I ever got, kicked us out. I was looking and looking and looking and this was the only place I found with enough bedrooms for me and my homeboys from school. It wasn’t the nicest, but it was affordable. I took the worse room in the house because I knew everybody didn’t want to come over there. I was just like ‘Yo, what we gon’ do? We gotta go somewhere. I’m from North Carolina. I ain’t got nowhere to go. I need a spot. I’m getting this spot.’ So, that’s how we ended up here… My landlord Muhammad he like really believed in me. So, when my rent kept piling, he never tripped. He just let me kinda just stick around. So, when I finally got the deal, after all them years, of course I paid him back in full.”


This story is very inspiring for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment