Joell Ortiz Goes At Kendrick Lamar For Calling Himself The King Of New York

Before I write anything on this, I would like say that Kendrick Lamar is going to have a lot of shots fired his way in the next couple of weeks...or months. I hope he can handle all of it; okay, I know he can handle all of it. I guess this is what he always wanted. Okay, on to the actual news. Big Sean leaked a song off his up coming album titled Control, which features Kendrick Lamar and Jay Electronica. And on Kendrick Lamar's verse, he spits some very controversial lines. Apart from calling himself the King Of New York (he is not even from the east), and disrespecting every rapper out there with that line, he also put himself in the same league as Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, and Andre 3000, and says that other new rappers are nothing but new rappers.




With words like that, of cos rappers will take it very personally. Okay, I missed out the part where he mentioned some of his peers (J.Cole, Big Krit, Wale, Pusha T, Meek mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake, Big Sean, Jay Electronica, Tyler, and Mac Miller), and said they were his homeboys, but that he is out to murder them all. Joell Ortiz found it disrespectful that kendrick would call himself the King Of New York when he is from the West, and also the fact that Kendrick didn't name him or his clique when he was mentioning who he considers the best, in which he puts his own name in there. Okay, before I go on and on, below are some lyrics from the Joell Ortiz response (Outta Control), and also the actual song.






"I ain't even gotta give this too much thought. Joell Oritz won every war that he ever fought/This ain't no different, I'm listening, you know the King of New York?/Lil' homie, you ain't the King of New York, you the next thing on my fork/The messenger with all those rings on that horse/Carrying kings heads until I kick you in your chest and you cough/And fall into a bottomless pit, homie, you know how many bodies that fit/When we met you said, 'It's an honor, man, the Yaowa can spit.' Maybe that's why you left me outta that sh*t/Maybe that's why the Slaughterhouse ain't get dissed/Or maybe I'm not on your radar, you feel you ain't got to acknowledge my clique"








No comments:

Post a Comment