Kid Cudi Announces Departure From Kanye's G.O.O.D Music Label

Kid Cudi has had a number of hits, and has helped Kanye West in the studio creatively since he signed with G.O.O.D Music in 2008, but he has been a bit silent the last couple of months. He sings and raps, and overall, he is a very creative artist. In a recent interview on radio station, Power 106, Kid Cudi announced that he was leaving G.O.O.D Music.
















"I'm announcing that I'm no longer on G.O.O.D Music. This is something that no one knows, really, but I'm no longer on G.O.O.D Music. ... I could never get tired of Kanye but we were talking on the phone the other day, these are things I've been wanting to talk to him about, starting my own direction and he got it because he's trying to start his new path, trying new things as an artist and he was just like, 'Man, I feel you.' ... There's no beef, there's no problems with anyone on the label. It's all love."






He also spoke on how long he had had this in mind...and what he had to do before he let Kanye know his intentions.






"For at least, like, six months. I'm very forward-thinking. I'm like, 'Next year, I'm going to be doing 'this.'' I kinda like, knew where I wanted to go and then was trying to figure out what the right decision would be, how to talk to Kanye about it. I went through a process where I talked to Don C (Kanye's manager), then I went to talk to Jay-Z, and then got their opinions about how to approach him about things I wanted to talk to him about and everybody gave me the blessing."




Well, I think it is a cool move. When Kanye West signed Cudi, Kanye was on that very artistic tip...that singing tip...that whole "808 & Heartbreaks" era, and that's more of Cudi's style. But, Kanye is on another path now; his top priorities right now are 2Chainz and Pusha T, and their styles ain't that smooth Cudi music, so this is understandable. If you noticed, Cudi was not really on a lot of songs on their Cruel Summer album- GOOD Music compilation album. He already has a name, so if he has the right amount of drive and discipline, he can go on to have a very successful career, post-G.O.O.D Music. By the way, he has a new album (Indicud) dropping this month- April 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment