Nas Speaks On Working On 11th Studio Album

Although yet to be titled, Nas is already working on his 11th studio album. He dropped his 10th just 6 months ago, and Life Is Good is still selling moderately in stores. He says he is really excited about this album, and I personally think it would be better than Life Is Good. As great as I think that album is, it could have done without "Accident Murders"...not cos I think there is anything wrong with Rick Ross, but the song in general wasn't just right for the album. Anyway, below is what Nasty Nas had to say about working on his 11th solo album-




"I would love to reconnect with Frank Ocean," Nas told MTV News last week when he was in New York celebrating his brand-new partnership with Hennessy's Wild Rabbit campaign. Much of Life Is Good served as a sonic refresher to NYC's 1990s boom-bap sound, with songs like "The Don" and "Loco-Motive," but when describing the sound for his upcoming LP, Nas insisted it will be more current. "It's very now, it's very 2013, Nasir Jones. That's what it is," he said with a chuckle. "I feel great, I feel accomplished, I feel wiser and just really ready. I'm an open canvas, a clear canvas and an excited painter with a shaky hand," he described as poetically as you'd expect from an MC with Nas' depth. "Not because of bad nerves, but because of excitement." (MTV)




If he is excited, I'm excited. He just needs to get it done and out before the end of the year before the fire in him dies. And from what he said in the interview, it might be a self titled album-Nasir Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment