Ludacris Explains How He Stays on Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings List

Year after year, Ludacris keeps popping up on that Forbes Hip Hop Cash King List. He hasn't released an album since 2010 (Battle of the Sexes), and he has only dropped one single since the year began, but he managed to make it at the No. 10 spot on Forbes Cash Kings list this year- with earnings of $12,000,000.



Ludacris shares his secret below-

“I rap at least once a year that I’m on one of the Forbes lists, and that’s a great thing. Th[e headphones are] part of the reason," he said. "When we talk about building brands, we’re not in it for the short run. It’s not about getting in and hurrying up and trying to sell something...we get offers all the time; that doesn’t mean we take every offer that comes to us...it’s almost the same as someone working in an office building from nine to five, and then on the weekends they go partying. Every human being has different sides to themselves, and they showcase their emotions in different ways…I’d be doing fans a disservice if I only showed one 
side of myself.”








Hmm! I guess everyone is going the Headphones way these days. I wish him all the best with his ventures. And I think he needs to chill on the acting for a while, and put more focus on the rapping. I personally think acting always takes away a rapper's original passion and hunger. It did it to Will Smith...it did it to Ice Cube...it  did it to DMX...it is doing it to T.I. You can only mix two profession for so long  before one of them starts suffering...it is only logical.



Check out the full Forbes Hip Hop Cash Kings List (2012)

1 comment: