Papoose Comments On Common/Drake Beef

Papoose, in a recent interview commented on the ongoing Common and Drake beef. The beef started with Drake believing Common's "sweet" track was about him, and dissing Common on twitter and at his shows. He took it a step further and dissed Common on "stay schemin"...a track off Rick Ross's Rich Forever mixtape. Common replied with his version of "stay schemin" remix...living ross and drake's verses, and delivering his drake diss on the third verse. I think it was a lovely concept. Read what Papoose had to say about the Beef below-



"It's interesting, man, because Common is a master lyricist," Pap explained in an interview with radio host Kevin Reese. "I think Drake is nice too. So it'll be interesting to see the outcome. I'm like everybody else, I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen. You know what I mean? So to me, it's just interesting to me because they both can rap, they're both nice. You know what I mean? So it ain't gonna be no walk in the park. [Younger emcees typically go after older emcees?] I think it's the other way around these days. I think the older cats are coming back for some of the new cats a little bit more. That's what it seems like to me. Drake responded though, on the joint with him, [Rick] Ross and [French Montana], and then Common came back the next day. So now we have to wait for Drake to answer his phone now and see what happens. It's interesting." (Hot 93.7)


Contrary to what people are saying, i think Drake is a worthy opponent of Common. I think this could be a very interesting beef. We all know no one is going to take it to the streets, so it will just be on wax. And i feel it is just what hip hop needs at the moment. A worthy match between the new and the old. I didn't really enjoy Lil Kim and Nicki Minaj's beef cos Nicki was playing Kim like the bully, while she had been sending sneak attacks to kim for as long as she has been hot in the game. But, following the tweets i have read on twitter, the Common/Drake beef is a 50/50 thing...half the people are on common's side, and the other half are siding with Drake. So, i feel it will be great for hip hop.


As Papoose said, i am waiting for Drake's response after the common diss. It is almost two weeks now, and nothing from Drake. Common responded to Drake within 24 hours. I think Common hit Drake's soft spot talking about his Dad and Mom. It is clear, through Drake's music that he is emotional about topics relating to his family. And for common to put him on blast to the world like that most have hit him hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment