Corry Gunz Speaks On Loaded Gun Arrest

Young Money artist, Cory Gunz has used the social media, Twitter to speak on his recent loaded gun arrest in the Bronx on Saturday. Apparently, the local police had received a tip about some sort of shoot out that was meant to go down or something like that, and they started carrying out searches. They found the loaded gun in his back pack...

"Home," he tweeted January 29th.

"Lock My Body, Kan't Trap My Mind...."

"I apologize to all of my Supporters, Friends and Family. Things Happen, No excuses. My only regret is letting ya'll down... Peace" (Cory Gunz's Twitter)



He also spoke to Daily News about the issue-


"This was a big mistake on my part," he told The Daily News. "I didn't have any intentions of harming anyone or committing a criminal activity. So many young people look up to me and I need to fight though this."
"It's been really hard, really stressful," he continued. "When the smoke finally clears people will understand what was going on."


You can also check out the full official story below-

Rapper Cory Gunz was arrested in the Bronx on Saturday for carrying a loaded firearm. The police detained Gunz yesterday afternoon around 2 p.m. and found the loaded gun in his backpack. Gunz is currently being held in Central Booking in the Bronx. He has no prior criminal record, but New York law mandates a prison sentence of three and a half years for illegal possession of a loaded weapon. (Rolling Stone)


In case you don't know, Cory Gunz is son to the legendary Bronx Rapper- Peter Gunz. I can remember bumping songs from Peter Gunz and his rap partner, Lord Tariq back in the late 90s...i think 98 to be precise. Their chemistry was priceless.

Below is what Senior Gunz had to say about his son's arrest over the weekend.



"It was definitely an illegal search," Peter revealed. Gunz was unable to disclose full details on the incident just yet, but he explained the events leading up to his son's arrest. "I spoke to the arresting officer, and so far, what I'm hearing from him is that they got a phone call at the station saying they should 'look out,'" Gunz said. "According to [the officer], they didn't know he was Cory Gunz. They just saw a bunch of kids following him around. What I will say is that the officer that arrested Cory, actually happened to be a cool dude. After arresting Cory, sitting down with him and talking, he felt bad about the situation." (RapFix)



I hope he gets out of this without going to jail, cos i really see him as the next to blow after Tyga in the YMCMB camp. But word out is that he might have to serve up to three and the half years jail time. Let's just hope things turn out for the best.





No comments:

Post a Comment