Should Hiphop Have Remained The Same?

There has been a lot of talk on HipHop being dead; hiphop loosing the root elements it was known for. But, i would like to ask; would it have been better if it remained the same? I totally dissagre. I can't imagine listening to rap album after rap album filled with the same concept of 3 16bar verses seperated by hooks/choruses.

I am not saying i like evrything i am hearing right now, but i sure would have gotten tired of rap if it stayed the same. I don't support rappers singing on their albums, that is why you have r&b singers, but i can't front and say i don't like it when drake does it on songs. I just don't think it should be overdone like how Kid Cudi and Kanye West do. And i still don't know why cudi is still labelled a rapper, when he sings on most of his hit songs.

I sure think rap needs change from time to time, and i think i like where it is right now. I didn't like when the south had dorminance and came with their snap music. As i said, their should be change, and i accepted it, but i just knew i couldn't like everything that is made. I am just okay as long as the greats like nas, jay-z, fat joe, bun b, wu tang clan(as a group and every individual member) can still drop albums when they wanna and make an impact.

We do not and can not say where it would be next year or in the next ten years. For it to still be called hiphop it definitely would still need to have the core elements. As long as it has that, it is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment