LUPE FIASCO THINKS IT IS UNWISE TO TRY AND GET JAY-Z TYPE FAME.


LUPE FIASCO, Chicago rapper,thinks it is unwise for any rapper to try and attain the type of fame and success that Brooklyn rapper, JAY-Z is constantly enjoying. I think i feel him on that one; it's better for any new artist to pave his own way, and try to do his own thing. The best way to get a head-way, and make it in the long run is to be unique and do your own thing.

Below is what Lupe had to say to other artist:
"Jay-Z's a personal friend of mine," Lupe said in an interview. "[He] executive-produced my first album. [My comments were] just an example using him of how people rate success. There's an idea of the status quo that every rapper wants to be Jay-Z. Nah. Every rapper does not want to be Jay-Z. Every rapper don't wanna be Kanye West. Everybody don't wanna be Lil Wayne. They wanna be who they are. ... You're a fool trying to chase that success down and manage it like that. I always look at my success as further than a dollar sign, further than record sales. ... Everybody thinks because you're black and you're from the 'hood, you wanna be Jay-Z. There's kids who wanna be astrophysicists and don't care about rap. That should be OK. You should be OK just being you, working your regular job and being happy. That's why I made that statement. I felt it need to be said." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment