DMX SAYS JAY-Z MADE HIM LEAVE DEF-JAM.


I can remember back in 2000 when dmx gave props to jay-z in his smash single "what's my name, saying "...running around yapping like they be holding figures as big as jigga's". For someone with ego as big has dmx, you would not expect him to be giving props to another raper, that might be in competition with him, but he did that. And i concluded that they had a good relationship. And the fact tey had been on tour together(back stage store in 1999) gave me more explanation for the props.
As the years went bye, stopped hearing about the two together, and stopped hearing the two on the same songs together, eventhough they still remained label mates on def-jam records.
Now, after years of keeping silent, dmx finally gives us some insight on what went wrong with their once good relationship.


Below are some words from dmx:

"I f*cks with him and had respect for him -- until he became the president of Def Jam and I ain't gonna say too much more about it, but you know what it is. There's a difference between doing wrong and being wrong. There's a difference between doing wrong and 'being' wrong, at one point you were 'being' wrong. N*ggas can't do it like we could, n*ggas couldn't do it like we could. N*ggas weren't able to -- we're artists. Jay is a talented motherf*cker. Don't misunderstand me. He is talented but he has no heart behind it. There's no soul behind it. It's motivated by money...But I still maintain the respect, because our birthday is in the same month and you know, we have history. But I lost it when he became president of Def Jam, that's why I left Def Jam...When you became the president, you hit me 'yo dog, the inmates is running the building!!!' You know what that mean, your mans is in charge...That's what it is, we good,' 'cause we had history. And then you go do that. You come down, listen to my sh*t -- we ready. Then you go on vacation. N*ggas take a picture of you with chancletas on. That's what you leave the hood for, son? That's why you walk out on your man for, son? Flip-flops? Serious? You serious? Real talk son, I respected you. I'm in my feelings about that. I'm hurt. I ain't ever talk about that."

Now, what do you think? I don't know what to say, but i have been hearing to much about the fact that jay cares more about money than friendship, or anything else. Damom dash(former friend and business associate) said so, camron said so, jazo said so, now dmx is telling us the same. Maybe it is true that jigga loves money more than anything, maybe that's why he has lots and lots of it. He said it in his song, "jocking jay-z", that he keeps talking money because he loves money.
But i do not think that jay was in anyway insrumental to the downfall of dmx's career. He should not have expected that jay would just endorse any music he made because they were former buddie, he has to make some good music which would speak for him. I think dmx started falling in his career when he started getting addicted to drugs, and started getting into trouble all the time, going to jail and all that.
He needs to sit up and face the music more squrely, then he would be able to make a good comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment