Jay-Z gives reason why he is the "best rapper alive."


You can't doubt that jay has achieved a lot since his first album, "reasonable doubt" was released in 1996. He dropped albums non stop, relevant albums, for eight summers. Went for on a short hiatus/retirement from 2003 till 2006, then he dropped his ninth album, "Kingdom come", Which still sold in excess of a million copies in the u.s. But i would still ride with nas for the title of "best rapper alive", that's just my opinion.
This is what jay had to say about this controversial issue;

"But when I say I'm the best, I don't say that outta my a**," Jay said in the interview. "I say that with all my stats behind me. I put that against anybody. I mean anybody. I really believe that...I believe in a lot of things. I believe that "SportsCenter" is the best thing on TV. I shouldn't have to prove it. But I do have these stats to prove it. I'm talking about real run. I'm not talking about years off. I'm talking about straight--boom, boom, boom--back to back. We're not talking about heritage acts either. We're not talking about respect what I've done. I'm talking No. 1 [albums] 10 times. The Beatles is the only one [to have more No. 1 albums]. They got 19, and if I get a surge of create 9 albums next year."


That's what jay has to say. And you have heard what i have to say. Let's get word from another rapper on the issue.
This is what mos def had to say on the issue;

"My response was to me seeing an article where [Jay-Z] was referred to, with trade marks following it, as the 'Greatest Rapper Alive,'" Mos explained in an interview. "Now that don't have nothin' to do with me, but if you saying that, that's a trade claim...If you saying that, you saying you better than Slick Rick, whose still very alive and well? You saying you better than Rakim? You saying you better than Black Thought? People making that claim have never been in a position to defend that in an open forumn. I'm not talking about making a diss record or trying to go in on somebody's girl...When people start coming out and making claims they're gonna have to defend, like, who have you had to defend them against? It's certainly been with people not on your level." ("The Angie Martinez Show")

So what do you think? What i think is everybody is entitled to his/her opinion. And you choose what you want to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment