Why i love rap so much.

There was a day my mom came into my room and heard what was coming out of my cd player, and exclaimed, "what are you listening to? they are just talking". There was no way i could explain to her, just like there is no way i want to explain to you why i love rap so much, but i will just give you some instances
I grew up listening to different types of music in the 80's, from Micheal Jackson, to bobby brown, mc hammer, minnie vanillie, queen latifah, heavy d, Kool and the gang, and the list goes on and on. It was not until the early 90's that i started listening to rap music. My dad would make tapes from a studio, the pitch studio, in our area. The mixes had songs from mc hammer, heavy d, queen latifah and so on.
There was an incidence that happened when i was 11, and i ain't lying, when i memorized a queen latifah song (And i am not talking about "fly girl") , and i raped it for some older guys and they were so impressed. I became a phenomenon. 20, 21 year old guys would call me up when their friends were around to come and rap the song for them. I rapped it with so much precision, and emphasis, that they would lift me up with applaud whenever i performed the song.
That is just one of my music stories. I went to stay in Ibadan immediately after my ssce in my cousins house and i would rap and sing each and every song that came on on radio, and his friend would ask if i was working at a radio station before coming over to ibadan.
Getting down to the real reason why i can say i love rap is that i like information. I love to learn new things. I love to read, i love to watch movies shot in different locations. Life is beautiful, and i love to learn more about it. So listening to some particular rappers, conscious rappers, like tupac, jadakiss, fatjoe, nas, canibus, and some others i can not mention right now, gives me insight into a lot of things i did not know before, unlike a normal r&b song, a rap song has more content in a short 3-4 minutes.
I get to learn a lot when i listen to rappers, so i guess that is why i can say i love rap

No comments:

Post a Comment