Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea Kill Supposed Beef

The whole Internet has been buzzing over a supposed beef between Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea since after Nicki's BET acceptance speech. During her speech, Nicki spoke on never using ghostwriters, and criticized those who do. Read her words below.












"What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it."








Iggy has been rumored to use ghostwriters, and she has become Nicki's biggest competition in the female rappers world. So, it was just believed she was indirectly referring to Iggy Azalea with those words. Who else could she have been talking about?


Anyway, yesterday, Nicki used about an hour long of tweets to clear the air on the supposed feud with Iggy Azalea








What made Nicki take time to type all these tweets? Iggy had not even said anything about the whole thing at the time. Why is Nicki backpedaling? It is obvious she was referring to Iggy at the BET Awards, cos everyone thought Iggy would win the best female rapper award at BET this year, and when Nicki won again, she obviously wanted to address her only competition. Or why else would she have said what she said? Nicki is a better rapper than Iggy, there is no question in that, but Iggy has been getting more shine than Nicki in the mainstream this year. 


Iggy Azalea also spoke on this whole issue on her Instagram a couple of hours ago. 



"I have to say the general explosion of pettiness online in the last few days is hard to ignore & honestly...lame. If I had won the BET award that would've been great but it wasn't my year & I don't mind - so you shouldn't either. Generally speaking I'm unbothered by anything that 'happened' at the BET awards and just feel worn out by everyone trying to make me have wars with people all the time. Anyone who wishes me well is welcome in my life & those who don't care get any more of my time. I hate to see everyone exhausting themselves on my behalf over things that I'm still not 100% sure even exist & don't matter. just let it go...This is my mind state about everything & the only time I'm ever going to refer to this again so go nuts guys, Enjoy it. Ps. If you squint exxxtra hard you can see tiny elves having illuminati meetings between the lines in my notes app too.,"


 Lol! Funny ending. Overall, I like how Iggy made the whole thing seem like not a big deal at all. I am not a super big Iggy Azalea fan, I probably prefer Nicki's rapping skills to hers', but I like Iggy Azalea as a person. When you watch her interviews, you can't but like her humble nature. She always knew all these kind of hate will come her way because she is a white rapper, and she has prepared her mind for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment