First Week Sales Prediction of Mariah Carey's 'Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse'

Mariah Carey's new album, Me. I Am Mariah... The Elusive Chanteuse drops tomorrow, and I want to attempt to predict what it would sell in its first week in stores. Mariah Carey has never been one to have big first week sales, but she always stays consistent with her sales afterwards. In 2005, her The Emancipation Of Mimi album sold 404,000 first week, and 50 Cent's The Massacre dropped around the same time, and sold 1.1 million first week...that is almost three times what Mariah sold first week, but she still went on to sell more than him by the end of the year. I predict this actual album would sell between 80-100k copies first week.



1 comment:

  1. The album has been officially out for two days now, and based on first day sales, Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse is projected to sell between 60-65k first week. On Monday, I predicted it would sell between 80-100k, so I am not far from the truth.

    She didn't have big enough singles, and she released the worst song off the album (Thirsty) as her latest single. Big mistake. I don't know what JD was thinking. I have been a Mariah fan for 20 whole years, so I can speak on a lot about her. She always likes the whole hiphop vibe, that's why she features rappers a lot, but she is also an incredible singer. She has a lot of great ballads on the album, but she tried to do that ratchet music with Thirsty, and in my opinion, it just didn't go well with the rest of the songs off the album.

    She should have released Supernatural as a single, or One More Try, or even the song that features Nas...Dedicated.

    ReplyDelete