Lil Wayne Plans To Retire After Carter 5

During a recent interview on 'The Jimmy Kimmel Show', Lil Wayne let the world know that he would retire after dropping Carter 5.  Everyone gets tired of routine at some point, so I guess he is just tired of doing the same thing, under the same label (Cash Money Records) for 18 years. I think it's about time. He has put out too much material back-to-back in the last 6 years, and he is about to be affected by the law of diminishing returns. I think he needs to go away for a while, and then come back after a couple of years, if he gets that hunger again.







"Yes, very true," Wayne said when asked if his retirement plans are still on deck. "I want to retire after Tha Carter V which I hope will be my last album. My next album's not Tha Carter V because I think I have to work on other albums as well with my pop,Birdman, and things like that. But after Tha Carter V, I hope I can retire. [laughs] ... [I'll be able to do] things like spend quality time with my kids." ("The Jimmy Kimmel Show")












If you listen to his last record, I Am Not A Human Being 2, you would notice that Wayne's heart is nolonger in rapping. He has been doing Hip Hop since he was 13, and is now 31, so I am guessing he has burned himself out right now. As I said, he needs to pull the Jay-Z stunt and retire...go away for a while, and he can come back after 3-4 years. He will be appreciated more then, and he would have lived life, so he would have material to talk about. Right now, he has been talking about the same thing for the last 5 years.





He had three albums (Tha Block Is Hot, Lights Out, and 500 Degrees) before he dropped the first Carter album in 2004. Carter 2 came in 2005, and Carter 3 (2008) dropped at his peak. He has dropped different records since then; including a rock album (Rebirth) in 2010. He is working on the 'Like Father Like Son 2' collaborative album with Birdman, which might drop early 2014, and Carter 5 will come after that...Probably by late 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment