Mr Solek Speaks on Past Relationship With Don Jazzy


Mr Solek, a U.K based Nigerian musician spoke up on his past relationship with Don Jazzy before there was anything like Mo Hits. He spoke about how he taught Don Jazzy how to make beats, and how Jazzy was living with him for a couple of year while in the U.K. All these was revealed in a recent interview with PM News. You can read more below-





















"Actually, I met Don Jazzy at a show: he was playing bass guitar for Seun, a musician in UK, and I gave them a lift and left together for another show. After that, he started coming to my house and saw that I had a keyboard and musical instruments. He asked me to show him how to make beats on my keyboard which I did. From then on, he started making beats on my keyboard.









At a point, he was staying in my house. Then, I used to stay with a man called Mike Attor who sings High-life. Mike taught me how to sing and play the saxophone. We later formed Solek Crew and Don Jazzy played the keyboard and the beat with another guy called Michael. That's how I met Don Jazzy...and we stayed together for about 4 years. I think he wanted to do Nigerian hip hop because he was rolling with JJC after KAS took him to JJC. Although there was a little misunderstanding between me and him which is normal in life, eventually he joined the hip hop people and that was what happened."

2 comments: