First Week Sales Prediction of Kendrick Lamar's "good kid, m.A.A.d city" Album

Dr. Dre's new artist, and one of the dopest new breed of rappers to hit the scene, Kendrick Lamar is about to drop his long awaited debut album- good kid, m.A..A.d city. The album will hit stores next week, Oct 22, and I want to try and predict what it would sell in its first week out.




I wouldn't have bothered with this, but it seems people are wayyy more interested in how many copies an album sells, versus the quality of the album. I enjoyed his Section. 80 underground album, and I became a fan of his because of that, but I am really sceptical about this album. I think the execs would have a little more control with it than him, and that would disrupt creativity a bit. Anyway, these are just my views. I think they would want to pattern him one way...and I think this might affect the overall quality of the album. I predict the album would sell between 70-110k copies first week.












Tracklist below-


1. Sherane a.k.a Master Splinter’s Daughter (Prod. By Tha Bizness)
2. Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe (Prod. By Sounwave)
3. Backseat Freestyle (Prod. By Hit-Boy)
4. The Art of Peer Pressure (Prod. By Tabu)
5. Money Trees (Ft. Jay Rock) (Prod. By DJ Dahi)
6. Poetic Justice (Ft. Drake) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)
7. good kid [Prod. By Pharrell]
8. m.A.A.d city (Ft. MC Eiht) (Prod. By Sounwave & Terrace Martin)
9. Swimming Pools (Drank) *Extended Version* (Prod. By T-Minus)
10. Sing About Me (Prod. By Skhye Hutch + Sounwave) / I’m Dying Of Thirst (Prod. By Like of Pac Div)
11. Real (Ft. Anna Wise) (Prod. By Terrace Martin)
12. Compton (Ft. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Just Blaze)
Deluxe:
13. The Recipe (Ft. Dr. Dre) (Prod. By Scoop DeVille)
14. Black Boy Fly (Prod. By Rahki & Dawaun Parker)
15. Now Or Never (Ft. Mary J. Blige) (Prod. By Jack Splash)
16. Collect Calls
17. Swimming Pools (Drank) (Prod. By T-Minus)

1 comment:

  1. It has been projected to sell around 200k first week, based on first day sales. I will bring more info on the sales as time goes.

    ReplyDelete