Drake & Jadakiss Comment On Lil Wayne's Jay-Z Diss



A couple of days ago, a Lil Wayne track (It's Good) landed online off Tha Carter 4, and on Wayne's verse he throws some jabs at Jay-Z; responding to the lines on H.A.M where Jay-Z dissed Baby. On that same track, Drake and Jadakiss have come farward to comment on their appearnce on the track.

Below is what Drake had to say-


"I just got a beat and did a verse over it," Drake told MTV News from the red carpet for the BMI Urban Awards in L.A. on Friday before he accepted the award for Songwriter of the Year. "Whatever any other individual has to say, you have to ask the man himself. I just did what I know how to do. I just got on a record. I heard the beat, did a verse and heard the final product...At the end of the day, rap is an individual art -- You express yourself and whatever you wanna say, you say it, so I guess that's a question for Wayne more than me." (MTV)

People have been thinking that Drake and Jadakiss were in on it, but in this time and age, artists don't even get in the studio together again when they are making a song, they just send the beat back and forth. So, as long as Drake didn't have anything in his verse to make people think he was in on it, lets leve him out, and say this is just between Lil Wayne and Jay-Z.

Jadakiss also hit twitter to comment on the track-

"Yall hating a** c*cksuckers better chill..they only sent me a track wit NO verses and I recorded that verse 3 months ago! #leavemeoutofit"
"When I DISS n*ggas or have a problem Wit ANY RAPPER I SAY THere NAMES without hesitation and YALL know this already!"
"On my way back to NY,pardon the outburst but N*ggas Know Better! #anybodycangetit" (Jadakiss' Twitter)

I know Jadakiss is cool with Jay-Z and there was one time in the not too long past that he got signed to Roc-a-fella records, just before the whole Roc Nation movement, so i know he would definitely not be in on it. I guess Wayne choose a track to diss Jay-Z on, and he didn't think of what it would do to the character of the other rappers on the track.

Below are the lines from Wayne on the "It's Good" track-


"Talkin' 'bout baby money, I gotcha baby money," Wayne raps. "Kidnap your b*tch get that how much you love your lady money / I know you fake, n*gga / Press your brakes, n*gga / I'll take you out, that's a date, n*gga / I'm a grown a** blood, stop playing with me / Play a**hole, and get an a** whippin' / I think you pussycat, hello kitty." ("It's Good")

Lil Wayne's Carter 4 dropped today; let's hope this controversy helps propel the first week album sales to over a million copies.

No comments:

Post a Comment