Life Is Good Album from Nas Drops Tomorrow

I am really excited for this Nas album; being a fan and all, and having been listening to the leaked version since the weekend, I think this is going to be one of His most successful albums in recent times. On this album, he is on point on everything; lyrics, beats, production, flow...it appeals to a larger audience. In the last three days, I have literally read hundreds of tweets from people on twitter who are speechless to the greatness of this album. It is almost like Nas is this new rapper that just got in the game.



I urge every lover of hip hop to go out and support this album tomorrow; it is worth that $5 and much more. Before I go on, I want to touch on a subject that has been discussed in hip hop circles a lot  in the last 3 years or so- people saying Untitled and Distant Relatives were wac. The reason why that shit pisses me off so much is because the people saying this things are people that never took time to listen to the album in the first place. They probably heard someone say it, and just joined in. Or, they saw that it didn't go platinum, and just judged it on those standards.



I think those last two Nas projects, Distant Relatives- 2010 (with Damian Marley), and Untitled (2008), are two of his most creative albums to date. A lot of people probably werent feeling it because it didn't have the  catchy hooks, or heavy samples. If you tell me Hip Hop Is Dead (2006) wasn't so good, I will agree with you, but not Untitled. Untitled, I think is Nas's best album to date. If you don't think so, you are probably a band-wagon guy, and not a true hip hop lover, or Nas fan.



Back to Life Is Good. I think what makes this album really cool is that fact that Nas was able to balance dope lyricism and crazy flow while making some really cool radio friendly songs. Of cos he has some "back to the 90s" type of tracks (the first three tracks fit this description), but when the album gets lighter you hear tracks like "Reachout" featuring Mary J Blige, Summer on Smash with Swizz Beats and "You Wouldn't Understand" featuring Victoria Monet...and the last track on the non-deluxe edition, By Bye; You can't but get on your feet and vibe to it when these tracks come on. Nuff said, make sure you support Nas tomorrow and Buy LIFE IS GOOD!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am really impressed with your writing skills and also with the layout on your weblog.
    Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep
    up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog
    like this one these days.
    Also see my web site - Dance Music

    ReplyDelete
  2. I customized it myself...thanks for the appreciation.

    ReplyDelete