Megan Thee Stallion Talks About Becoming Friends with Q Tip

Megan Thee Stallion is the new female rapper on the rise right now, and she happen to have sort of like a mentorship relationship with legendary rapper/producer, Q Tip. It is a weird mix, considering the era gap between the two, and their individual styles of music. This got people wondering how they became friends. In her recent interview on Hot 97 radio's Ebro In The Morning, one of the hosts of show, Laura Stylez asked her how the Q Tip relationship came about and she answered with...



Image result for q tip and megan thee stallion"So...one time, my mom was going through the emails, and there was like a mysterious as$ email in there and it was like, hey somebody wants to meet you. And you know, he's very established. I don't know who wrote it, but like they really had hyped him up, but it was like, whatever it was, it was good enough for my mama to respond. So, she's like, 'Megan, what the f*ck. Like, what do even say to this?' I'm like, 'girl don't even respond to that bullsh*t like.' But she wound up responding, and they got on the phone. 

And I come home one day, and she's like, 'hey Megan, I got somebody on the phone for you.' And I was like, 'who?' She's like, 'just get on the phone.' I was like, 'hello.' And he's like, 'yea, what's up, this is Q Tip.' I'm like, 'Whattt!' I said, 'is this who you was talking about?' She's like, 'yes.' So he is on the phone, we sat on the phone for like an hour. He can talk. You know what I'm saying. He can talk, but he be like, talking about something that you want to hear, so I'm like hanging on every word like, yea Q Tip all that. Like, I just couldn't believe it. I was like, damn like, this is like the top of Hip Hop. Like this is like one of the originators. So I'm like sh*t, I must be doing something right, cos he give me so much praise all the time. And every time I come to New York, I see him and am like, 'Tip, just thanks.'"







Image result for q tip and megan thee stallionFor those that don't know who Q Tip is, he was in a rap group in the 90s called, A Tribe Called Quest; a legendary rap group that produced multiple classic and multi platinum albums in the early to mid 90s. Q Tip went solo towards the end of the 90s, and has released 3 solo albums since then. As well as being a rapper, he is also a legendary producer. His production credits include, Nas's One Love song off the classic Illmatic album (1994), Mariah Carey's Honey (1997), and a host of other notable songs.



No comments:

Post a Comment