Kash Doll Tells Story On How She Started Making Money From Rap

Detroit rapper, Kash Doll used to be a stripper, dancing at clubs for tips. And then one day, her then boyfriend (Dex Osama), who has since passed, convinced her to get in the studio and officially record her raps she had been rapping around him, as he thought they were dope. That was how she officially started rapping. In her recent interview on The Angie Martinez Show, she talked about how one of her friends, rapper Nya Lee, convinced her to put out those freestyles she recorded in the studio, which eventually got another rapper's attention, and led to her getting a guest appearance on the rapper's song. She ended up getting her first $2,400 from rapping from that feature.

Read her words on this below...


Image result for kash doll interview on angie martinez show"So, Nya Lee, she's from New York. That's my girl. That's been my girl since 2013. She comes to New York, I mean to Detroit, and we riding in a car, and I'm like, I want you to hear something cos she rap. You know, you know she been doing that. That's my girl. And umm, so am letting her hear it, she like, 'Hey Kash, you made dope yo!' So I'm trying to get, what is she trying to say, is it bad or is it good. So she like, 'You made dope yo! Men! Why you ain't putting this out? She like, 'Men! You tight.' I'm tight? She like, 'yea.' She like,  'that's good.' I'm like, I don't know, I just don't feel like everybody gon like it. She like, 'Men! If you don't put that out...' So she gave me that extra push to actually put it out. So I put out the freestyle. And somebody paid me twelve hundred dollars for a feature right after I did that...so they paid me twelve hundred dollars, and they paid me another twelve hundred dollars to do the video, so I'm like, 'I'm a rapper!' So I'm excited. You know what I'm saying."



What a motivational story. It is always good to have people that believe you around you for that extra push you need.

You can watch her full interview below. She talks about making her first money from rapping around the 9 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment