Megan Thee Stallion Says She Looked Up to Pimp C and Biggie

Houston female rapper, Megan Thee Stallion is on the rise right now. She is signed to 300 Entertainment (same label as Young Thug, and Migos), and she recently released her first studio album, Fever three weeks ago. She was out promoting her album at Hot 97 radio, when the radio show host, Ebro asked her if she patterned her career after any female rappers that came before her or any rapper at all, and she said she didn't. She went on to say she did look up to Biggie, and Pimp C.


Read her response to Ebro's question below...


Image result for megan thee stallion hot 97 interview
"Umm, nobody honestly. Like umm I just want to be me. I want to do my own thing. I want to make my own path. I don't think...like, I looked up to Pimp C, and I looked up to Biggie. So, just a lot of the things that they did and the way they spit, and the way, you know I feel like they acted, I took a lot of that and I you know put it towards how I wanted to rap. You know, my personality, I don't think it's the same with anybody else's, and I don't think anybody's personality is the same. So you can't really like put yourself in that person's shoes. Like everybody's success gone be different. The way that everybody get to the top gone be different, so I don't think that I can ever be like, okay I'ma base my...I'ma try to move like this girl, or I'ma try to move like this girl. Cos I don't think it will happen for me if I am trying to be like somebody else."



Very correct. You can watch the full interview below...she talks about not trying to imitate any female rappers that came before her around the 8 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment