Dave East Speaks on How he Avoided Getting Pulled into the Game and Meek Mill Beef





He has been releasing mixtapes consistently for over 6 years, and is on the 2016 XXL Freshman Cover. New York rapper, Dave East was signed to Mass Appeal Records in 2014, and just signed to Def Jam Records last week. In his interview with the Breakfast Club crew on Power 105.1 last week, he narrates how one of Meek Mill's friend's tried to get him involved in the Meek Mill vs. Game beef, and how he avoided that.

Read his words on this below...




"Me and Meek cool...you know, Meek the homie. But we got mutual friends from the hood, so they might be like, 'Yo, East over here.' Or they might tell me, 'Meek out here.' So, umm, one of our mutual friends hit him up, like, 'Yo, pull up.' He came through, whatever, we chilled for maybe 5 minutes. I mean, Meek hoped out, we kicked it for a minute. Umm! Soon as he jumped out, one of the homies, I ain't gon' say nobody name or nothing. They pull they phone out or whatever, and they was like, you know what I mean, 'F Game.' This, that, and the third. And I'm like, 'Whoa!' I slid right out the camera. I mean, that ain't what am here for. Cos, Game is my man. Like when I went to L.A, Game showed me and my whole team crazy love, like, dumb love. He took me out to eat and all that. He told me 'don't ever buy no weed over here, nothing, like...So, you get what I'm saying? And he reached out and showed that love to me first as far as the music. One morning, when I woke up, he had posted me on his Gram (Instagram) like, 'This is Hip Hop.' And I'm like 'oh!' That is love, so, I just don't want to be in the mix of nothing that ain't got nothing to do with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment