Beyonce's Father (Mathew Knowles) Speaks on Why He and Nas Parted Ways

For those that don't know, Mathew Knowles, Beyonce's father was instrumental to Beyonce's success, from when she was 12 years old in a girl group called Girls Tyme in 1993, till about 4 years ago when Beyonce cut ties with him. He managed her and the whole Destiny's Child, and then he went on to manage her as a solo artist. During his recent interview on The Breakfast Club Show (with DJ Envy, Angela Yee, and Charlamagne tha God), he was speaking on the various artists he has managed, and then Nas's name popped up. He also went on to speak on why they parted ways.








During the course of the interview, Mathew Knowles said...

"Did you know that I once managed Nas? His only number one record he has gotten in his whole career, I was his manager. Stillmatic, was it? Yep!" DJ Envy then asked him what happened between him and Nas and he said. "It was a thing about Finance where I wanted 20% commission and he wanted to offer 15%. I couldn't change on that because my daughters (commission) was 20, and I couldn't look at them and give somebody anything less.  And I would never do that." (The Breakfast Club Interview)








Hmm! I don't think Stillmatic is the only number one record/album Nas has; It Was Written (1996), I AM (1999), Hip Hop Is Dead (2006), Untitled (2008), Life Is Good (2012) were also number one on Billboard when they dropped. I guess he didn't know that. Or maybe he meant Nas's only number one single, but I don' t think Nas has any number one single. In fact, I just found out Stillmatic wasn't a number one record. I guess Mr. Mathews was trying to say something else. Listen to the full interview below.



No comments:

Post a Comment